- Bulgaria is located in the Southeast of Europe.
- It has a population of 7.102 million people (2017).
- Sofia is the capital city.
- Language: Bulgarian and English on a wide range.
- European Union member (Not Schengen).
- Currency: Bulgarian Lev (BGN), tied to EUR,
EUR = 1.95 BGN.
- Member of: NATO, The Council of Europe, Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OECD), United Nations, International Criminal Police Organization, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation and International Energy Agency.
Benefits of the program:
- Processing the residency application in 6-9 months.
- The Residency application includes the main applicant, spouse and dependent children below the age of 18. As for the Citizenship application, it includes the main applicant (Fast-Track Citizenship Application) and it allows him to pass the citizenship to all his children regardless of their ages and financial dependency.
- Fast-track option grants the applicant the citizenship within two years.
- No physical residency requirements.
- No Bulgarian language requirements to obtain the citizenship or the passport.
- The applicant is not required to relinquish his current citizenship and is allowed to hold several nationalities.
- The program grants applicants full citizenship with all the rights of Bulgarian citizens, and it can be passed to future generations.
Benefits of the Bulgarian Residency:
- Travel, work and reside in Bulgaria Visa-Free.
- Access to governmental education and scholarships in Bulgaria.
- Access to healthcare facilities in Bulgaria.
- Access to high quality healthcare in the EU, after issuing (EHIC) card.
- Residency holders will pay taxes on the income generated in Bulgaria only.
- Issuing visas for countries like: (Canada, USA, UK) will be much easier.
- Bulgaria is expected to be added to the Schengen area as part of the Schengen expansion plans, allowing the Bulgarian passport holders the freedom of movement in the Schengen countries (26 countries).
- The Spouse will obtain the Permanent Residency with the main applicant and the dependent children. However, she will not be able to obtain the Citizenship through the Fast-Track program unless she submits a supplementary application (Optional) that grants her the nationality at the same time as the rest of the family (Two years).
Benefits of the Bulgarian Citizenship:
- After receiving the citizenship through the program, the main applicant can pass it to all of his children (Included in the application or not) regardless of their ages and financial dependency without any additional investment requirements and then they can pass it to their future children.
- Visa free travel to 157 countries (Including Canada, EU and the UK).
- Freedom to reside and work anywhere in the EU.
- Access to education at a discounted rate all over EU.
- The right to own lands in the EU (Limited to citizenship holders).
- Benefit from the consular services of the European embassies.
- Benefit from the lowest tax rates on businesses in the EU.
- Valid passport and residency.
- Clear health and security checks.
- Providing documents to prove a net worth of a Million Euros and its source.
- Choosing one of the investment options (Deposit or Financing).
- Visiting Bulgaria twice to finish up the residency procedures.
- Securing a residential address (For two year) and a permanent bank account.
- To include the spouse in the application, the marriage should be 5 years old by submission date, otherwise, a supplementary application for the spouse should be considered.
1- Full Investment – €1,042,000:
First deposit of €521,000 for 5 years + Second deposit of €521,000 for two years.
To be granted the residency, the applicant should deposit €521,000 in government bonds fully refunded (With no profit) after 5 years. Afterwards, the applicant can apply for the citizenship.
If the applicant chose to accelerate the citizenship application (Reduce the duration of the process from 5 to 2 years), he should make another deposit of €521,000, refundable after 2 years.
2- Financing Investment – €260,000 Non- refundable:
As an alternative to the two deposits above, the applicant can pay €260,000 non-refundable and proceed with the fast track citizenship application option (Takes from 18 to 24 months). For this option, the applicant is required to submit documents confirming a net worth of at least Euro 1 million.
The FAST TRACK option for citizenship (18-24 months):
After 5 years of holding the Permanent Residency, the applicant has the right to apply for the Bulgarian citizenship under the conditions of having a clear security check and having maintained a residential address throughout the residency validity. Through the fast track citizenship program, the applicant can obtain the citizenship after one year from being granted the residency. The process takes around 6-9 months and the citizenship certificate, as well as the passport, will be delivered to the applicant without any need to travel to Bulgaria.
|1st month||Signing the agreement and transferring an amount of the Legal fees|
|Submitting the first group of the required documents|
|Scheduling the first appointment at the Bulgarian consulate to sign the application forms|
|2nd month||Opening a bank account under the applicant’s name in an accredited bank in Bulgaria|
|Transferring the investment amount of (€260,000)|
|4th month||Financing the deposit and issuing the investment certificate|
|Scheduling the second appointment at the Bulgarian consulate to submit the visa application form (D)|
|5th month||Visa issuance|
|The first visit to Bulgaria (2 Working days) – submitting the Permanent Residency application|
|6-9 months||Approval on the Permanent Residency application|
|Transferring the second payment (Legal fees balance)|
|The second visit to Bulgaria (4 Working days) – to receive the Permanent Residency|
Second stage: (Residency Application) for the dependents:
After the issuance of the Permanent Residency for the main applicant, the dependents application will start processing. Their Permanent Residency will be issued within 2-3 months (Including consulate appointments and two visits to Bulgaria).
Third stage: (Citizenship Application):
• Fast-track program: an applicant can take the fast track option a year after receiving the PR. The program is processed through the consulate and requires the applicant to pass health and security checks (Takes from 6 to 9 months). Afterwards, the citizenship certificate will be issued for the main applicant.
• After the main applicant’s citizenship certificate issuance, all his children can apply for the citizenship (dependents and non-dependents).
• After three months, passports will be issued (Through the consulate).
• After 5 years, the spouse can apply for the citizenship, or fast track the citizenship application with the children through a supplementary application option.
|Financing option for the Fast-Track citizenship application||€260,000|
|Legal fees: Including Due Diligence fees + Processing fees + Address fees for two years||€50,000|
|Supplementary Application for the spouse (Optional)||€95,000|
First group of documents:
- Questionnaire for the main applicant
- CV for the main applicant
- Valid Passport copies for all family members
- Valid Visa and residency cards for all family members
- Birth Certificates for all family members
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Certificate (If applicable)
- Medical Report – Free from infectious diseases, for all applicants
- HIV tests for all applicants
- Documents proving net worth of Euro 1 million for the main applicant
- Document showing current address information
- Original Power of Attorney – to open a bank account (Through the consulate)
Second group – for Visa D issuance:
1. Medical Insurance (Including Bulgaria) for a period of at least one year and a minimum of €30,000
2. Investment Certificate (After issuance)
3. Lease Contract for residential address in Bulgaria
4. (3) Personal pictures as per the required specifications for all applicants
5. Police Clearance Certificate issued within 6 months for family members over the age of 12, from the current country of residence
6. Bank Statement for 6 months
7. Additional documents might be required
Bulgaria Passport is ranked 10th worldwide and gives its holders the opportunity to travel to 158 Countries Visa Free (or Visa on Arrival)
|Albania||Costa Rica||Honduras||Macao||Panama||St. Vincent & Grenadines|
|Andorra||Cote d’Ivoire||Hong Kong||Macedonia||Papua New Guinea||Sweden|
|Antigua & Barbuda||Croatia||Hungary||Madagascar||Paraguay||Switzerland|
|Azerbaijan||Dominica||Ireland||Marshal Islands||Qatar||Timor Leste|
|Bangladesh||Egypt||Jamaica||Mexico||Saint Kitts & Nevis||Trinidad & Tobago|
|Barbados||El Salvador||Japan||Micronesia||Saint Lucia||Tunisia|
|Belize||Fiji||Kenya||Montenegro||Sao Tome & Principe||Uganda|
|Bolivia||France||Kosovo||Mozambique||Serbia||United Arab Emirates|
|Bosnia & Herzegovina||Gabon||Kuwait||Burma||Seychelles||United Kingdom|
|Cambodia||Greece||Lebanon||Nicaragua||Solomon Islands||Vatican City|
|Cape Verde||Guatemala||Liechtenstein||Oman||South Korea||Vietnam|
|Colombia||Haiti||Luxembourg||Palestinian Territories||Sri Lanka||Zimbabwe|