- Portuguese passport is considered one of the most powerful passports worldwide. It is ranked 4th globally and it allows visa-free access to 164 countries.
- A reliable real estate investment with a ROI (Guaranteed Return on Investment) of 4-5% yearly with flexible reselling solutions.
- Investing EUR 280,000 in buying a share (Out of 45 shares) in a real estate project that is based on transforming a historical building into a modern tourism and medical compound with 45 luxurious suits.
- A guarantee of selling the property for the original purchase price after 6 years (EUR 280,000).
- After the first year of operation, the investor can sell his share, however, EUR 20,000 will be deducted from his share’s price for every year he’s selling prior to maturity (6 years). For example, 3 years earlier = EUR 60,000 reduction, share will be sold for EUR 220,000.
- It is a flexible program, does not require the investor to reside in Portugal for more than 7 days per year to maintain the residency.
- There are no age, education or language requirements to maintain the residency.
- In 90 days applicants obtain a temporary residency permit to conduct business in Portugal and Europe without any restrictions.
- The applicants can obtain the Permanent Residency after 5 years of holding the temporary residency.
- The applicants can apply for the Portuguese citizenship and passport a year after receiving the Permanent Residency (By the end of the sixth year).
- The application includes the main applicant, spouse, student children and financially dependents parents of the main applicants.
The investment options:
|Investing for 5 years or until granting the
citizenship (6 years)
|1||Euro 280,000||Owning or participating in a Real-Estate project in the minimal population suburbs|
|2||Euro 350,000||Owning or participating in a Real-Estate development project|
|3||Euro 500,000||Owning an independent property without any conditions|
|4||According to a feasibility study||Establishing a project that provides 10 employments|
|5||Euro 1,000,000||A non-profitable deposit for 6 years|
Duration of stay:
|Duration||Minimum duration of stay in Portugal|
|Within 3 months||4-5 days: Applying for the residency|
|After residency issuance – Within the first year||7 days|
|Within the 2nd and 3rd years||A total of 14 days (Or 7 days each year)|
|Within the 4th and 5th year||A total of 14 days (Or 7 days each year)|
The program’s required documents are limited which is an advantage for the program:
- Valid Passport and Schengen Visa.
- A valid health insurance in Portugal.
- Police Certificate from the country of citizenship and the country of residency (If the applicant has been living outside his home country for a year).
- Police Certificate from Portugal.
- A Confirmation Letter by the applicant stating his/her commitment to the regulations of the program.
- A Confirmation Letter by the Portuguese tax department acquitting the applicant.
- A Proof of investment and fees transfer.
|Legal fees will apply
Includes services from building up the application till the Temporary Residency issuance
|Value of the investment share
The least expensive are real estate projects in the less populated suburbs.
|Starting from EUR 280,000|
|Real Estate Fees
(Depends on the type, value, and location of the property as well as the related taxes)
| Assuming a Real Estate investment of EUR 280,000
Fees: EUR 40,000
|Temporary Residency Application||EUR 520 for main applicant
+ EUR 80 for each member
|Insurance and Residency Cards issuance fees (Each member)||EUR 5,400|
|Residency Cards renewal fees
(At the end of the 1st, 3rd, and 5th year)
|EUR 2,600 for each member
+EUR 3,000 for a family of 3 members
|The total cost for a family of 4 members, including renewals till the 6th years
(Considering a Real-Estate value of EUR 280,000)
|The return on investment for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd years = 4% = EUR 33,600
4th and 5th years = 5% = EUR 28,000
Total Return = EUR 61,600
+ Selling the Real-Estate after the 6th year = EUR 280,000
|The total cost of getting the citizenship
|Program Steps and Order of Payments – for a family of 4 members|
|Step||Procedures||Fees (EUR)||Total fees (EUR)|
|1||Signing the agreement with Respect Services, and providing copies of passports for all family members to start the procedures||50% Of Legal fees|
|2||Submitting documents to the embassy for attestation + Applying for the Schengen Visa||Approximately Euro 800||€800|
|3||Procedures||Portugal visit preparations:
The main applicant has several options:
The Real-Estate value is €280,000
VAT = €16,100
Registration (0.8%) = €1,680
Municipality fees= none
Bank Account fees = €615
Authentication = €320
Notary = €250
Tax representative = €308
Health insurance = 200*4
Water utility fees = €20,000
Tax file accountant fees = €615
Total fees = €40,687
|4||Upon completing the property purchase and fingerprints procedures, the residency application will be submitted.||
Residency application submission fees
Euro 520 for the main applicant
+ Euro 80 for each member
|5||After the approval, the residency cards issuance fees are payable.||Euro 5,202 (Each member)||€20,808|
|6||Within 3-4 weeks, residency cards will be issued and delivered to Respect Services office to be handed to the investor.||50% of Legal fees|
|7||For 5 years, the main applicant and his family members will hold the temporary residency and will commit to its renewal conditions (Visits and required stay duration)||Renewal fees:
Euro 3,250 for the family
+ Euro 10,400 (Euro 2,600 each)
+ Euro 520 for the main applicant
+ Euro 80 for each dependent
Total renewals = Euro 14,420
Euro 3,200 Insurance (5 years)
+ Euro 2,153 Tax files (5 years)
|8||After holding the temporary residency for 5 years, applicants have the right to apply for the permanent residency. After another year (6th year), the applicants can apply for the citizenship, subject that they pass the Portuguese language tests.|
List of Schengen Countries