On the Twenty-Seventh of July 2023, the government of Saint Kitts and Nevis announced about radical changes on the basic investment laws for the citizenship program in the country, these changes will include eligibility of applicants, pricing of investment options, security check fees and requirements, application processing duration, and collecting registration certificates to obtain the citizenship by investment, and these changes will take effect immediately.
Now, the applicants of the Citizenship by Investment program can include Dependents under the following conditions:
- Children under the age of Eighteenth.
- Children between the ages of (18-25) years old enrolled in a recognized educational intuition of secondary or high level and they are fully supported by the main applicant.
- Children aged 18 or over who are not qualified physically or mentally.
- Parents of the main applicant or parents of the husband/ spouse, aged 65.
or over who lives with the main applicant and supports them fully.
- Siblings are no longer eligible to be included as dependents.
- Grandparents are no longer eligible to be included as dependents.
- Raising the minimum age of parents to 65.
- As for the wife, will remain unchanged.
New Investment Options:
The government also announced about new investment options related to the citizenship by investment program which are as following:
- Sustainable island state contribution option.
- Real Estate Investment option.
- Investment option selling a private house.
- Public benefit option
Changes about Security Check
Modifying the non-refundable security check fees of the Citizenship by Investment Department for each application to become as follows:
- 10,000 USD For the main applicant.
- 7,000 USD per dependent aged 16 or Above.
In accordance with the Six Principles Agreement concluded between the five Caribbean countries granting the citizenship by investment and the United States on 25 February 2023, the Citizenship by Investment Unit will conduct mandatory interviews as a new part of the security check phase, and the interview requirements will be as follows:
- Every main applicant under processing must attend an interview conducted through an independent professional company authorized by the unit.
- Every applicant who has not received yet his registration certificate and has not been interviewed must attend the interview.
- A dependent whose age is 16 years, or more is entitled to attend the interview, if necessary.
Basic Requirements for the Interview:
- Implicitly the interviews will be conducted virtually.
- The Person who will be interviewed must attend the interview alone and answer the questions directly and he shall not have the right to authorize a legal representative or have a person responsible for supporting him or answering on his behalf.
- The Citizenship by Investment Unit will provide a certified translator to attend the interview in cases where the interviewee doesn’t speak English or English was not his mother tongue.
Prohibiting applicants of the following nationalities from applying for the program: Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Russia, and Belarus
We, at Respect Services, strive to always keep you up to date with the last related developments and news. We always provide you with valuable information and updated visions continuously to help you in obtaining citizenship or residency by investment.