It is the European Travel Information and Authorization System.
(ETIAS) is an electronic system set out by Schengen countries as an additional security protocol to protect the region and it applies to all passport holders who can enter the Schengen Area without a visa.
According to the (ETIAS) system, all travelers who do not need a visa to enter European Union countries will have to fill out an electronic form to obtain an ETIAS Authorization. The Authorization is issued immediately and is valid for three years or until the passport expires.
There are more than 60 countries whose citizens do not need to obtain a visa before entering the Schengen area, such as America, Canada, Singapore, Japan, and the Caribbean countries. They will be required to obtain an ETIAS Authorization immediately after the system is implemented.
The launch date for ETIAS:
The system was supposed to be launched in mid-2023, but the implementation was postponed until the first half of 2024.
Why was ETIAS created?
ETIAS was created to increase security in the European Union and Schengen Area. The system is designed to collect information and data about travelers, aiming to maintain the safety of citizens, residents, and visitors in the region, it also serves to prevent individuals who pose a security risk or a national threat from entering.
What are the benefits of the ETIAS system?
(ETIAS) works to enhance security and will help in:
- Reduce the procedures associated with visa applications process.
- Improve the management of borders within the European Union countries.
- Assist in detecting and reducing crime and terrorism.
- Deter illegal migration.
- Enhancement emancipation policy for the Visa in the European Union.
Simply, ETIAS makes traveling to the European Union less challenging and a more secure experience for everyone.
The difference between (ETIAS) and Schengen Visa:
ETIAS is not a visa, but rather a travel Authorization and differs from a Schengen visa in the following aspects:
- The ETIAS authorization is not available through consulates or embassies.
- It does not require the providing of your (biometric) data, such as fingerprints.
- The fees for an (ETIAS) authorization are much lower than the fees for a Schengen Visa application (the authorization cost does not exceed 7 euros). Additionally, you do not need to provide any financial information to obtain an ETIAS authorization.
Will the ETIAS system affect the Caribbean passport holders??
The ETIAS system will not affect the strength or ranking of Caribbean passports, as it will require an ETIAS authorization from all countries that can travel to Schengen countries without a visa, such as United States of America, United Arab Emirates, and more than 60 other countries, including Caribbean countries such as Saint Kitts and Dominica, and others.
We, at Respect Services, strive to always keep you up to date with the last related developments and news. We always provide you with valuable information and updated visions continuously to help you in obtaining citizenship or residency by investment.